Saturday, March 07, 2009

Back to life, back to reality?

Today is an interminably boring day, a hiatus at the end of a week when so much should have happened, may well have happened, but where all of the outcomes are so uncertain. I want to run up and down the road screaming "Tell me, tell me what happened, tell me anything at all!" I don't think that would be a particularly good idea because a) I'm not really a shouty person and b) the men with the white jackets could be waiting just around the corner.

So we have Saturday where nothing much is going to happen to ease the situation and the uncertainty, and Sunday when it is certain that nothing will happen either. It is raining and blowing outside, a typical Cornish winter's day, and so even the motivation for a walk to the beach is somewhat diminished. Yet I need to get out of this rut, to move forwards and upwards, and for that I need to be doing something, anything at all, and in the absence of all other options a walk to the beach is the most likely.

It is a state of mind that I must choose for this action: Do I go for a walk in the rain, or do I go for a walk and get wet? I think the former is the more optimistic of the two, and it sounds somehow cheerier ... I am sure someone will be along to correct me if I am wrong in this.

Be sure to come back and visit The Spiceskull Blog again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment