Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Children and Facebook:

Something else that is not going to make me happy today - my 12-year old son is not going to be happy with me at all ...

A couple of weeks ago he registered with Facebook (against their age restriction rules - cheeky monkey) but generally I was okay with this. He is normally sensible and cautious, at least where potential dangers have been pointed out to him.

However, the rascally scamp decided it would be fun to put his mobile 'phone number up to his profile, and I told him to remove it immediately. He refused, he deleted me from his friend's list, and continued to act like an irresponsible and stroppy teenager.

I gave him a time-based ultimatum, then I would report him to Facebook for a breach of usage guidelines. He didn't back down, I reported him, and today his account has been disabled ... he will learn one day, and in the meantime I hope he understands that Dad only has his interests at heart, and that Dad still loves him.

No comments:

Post a Comment