Friday, March 06, 2009

Stubbing out the dog-end of another day gone by ...

Lack of information is a terrible thing, especially in these days of high-speed and instant communication. It is now two days since the Court was supposed to decide whether or not to grant the divorce that Jenny was petitioning for, and at the moment I do not know whether or not we are still married. It is the weekend now, so the earliest I will know is Monday, barring a letter, 'phone call or something else between now and then.

However, I have a gut feeling that we are still married, and from this I can still draw hope. Whilst the union still exists there is always a chance, no matter how slim, that the marriage can be saved from destruction, and the long, slow path of reconciliation can begin. I don't think this is likely, but I remain optimistic about all things until such time as that optimism has no further use.

No comments:

Post a Comment