Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The dreaded D-Day:

Today is the big day, D-Day, the day I have been dreading for months. Whilst the reality of the situation has only existed for the last five months, the legacy issues, the unaddressed problems, the lies and deceit, the lack of communication and understanding ... all of this has been hanging round our necks since the beginning, more than two years ago.

I'm not in a good space today, all thoughts are tainted with sadness, and all words I could use would be depressing in the extreme. I'm going to go and sit on the beach this afternoon ... gazing out on a flat and featureless surface ... dwindling into the distance ... that pretty much sums up where I am right now.

Tomorrow will be a new day, waking up to the carnage that has been visited on the relationship, and picking through the destruction and desolation, searching for something, anything at all that could possibly be salvaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment